Saturday, October 23, 2010

10 minutes well spent

monday i made my very first loaf of banana bread.
friday i made my third loaf.
i have eaten two slices,
only one other person in the house eats solid food.
where did the rest go?

here's the very easy recipe:

3 large bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.

Mix the mashed bananas and olive oil in a large bowl.

Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.

Pour the batter into the sprayed loaf pan.

Bake for 55-60 minutes. Remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes. recipe found here.


nora and me baking.
(not banana bread, but nigella's chocolate chocolate cookies, the only cookie i have ever loved.)

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

I love, love this picture--Nora's expression is great. And I will have to try both recipes sometime.